Online Community Guidelines
The following posting policy applies to those who choose to use the Department of Tourism and Culture social media sites. By using the social media sites and submitting a comment, photo, video and/or other materials, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this posting policy.
- Department of Tourism and Culture reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, edit, or otherwise modify any content that does not adhere to this posting policy.
- Please respect other users. This means that any comments or other materials you submit must not be inappropriate, abusive or otherwise offensive, and must not contain, depict or involve (without limitation) any of the following: profanity or otherwise offensive language; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or violent behaviour; comments that threaten or defame any person or organization; any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Department of Tourism and Culture in its sole discretion. Please note that offensive users will be blocked from the social media sites.
- Any materials that are deemed to contain solicitations, endorsements, advertisements, “spam” or junk mail content, multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user and repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users or references to other websites and/or social media sites will be removed by the Department of Tourism and Culture at its sole discretion.
- The views expressed on the social media sites do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Department of Tourism and Culture, its management or employees. Department of Tourism and Culture is not responsible for, and disclaims any liability in relation to, the comments/materials posted by contributors to the social media sites.
- Department of Tourism and Culture respects intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting material to the social media sites, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your submitted content, including (without limitation) trademarks and copyrighted material. Do not post or submit any third party materials unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials.
- In addition to the rights that you grant to the social media sites, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby; grant to Department of Tourism and Culture, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your submitted content (in any format or media); and waive all moral rights in and to your submitted content in favor of Department of Tourism and Culture.
- Please remember that social media sites are public. For your own safety, please do not post or submit any personal information about yourself or third parties (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses).
Social media sites are monitored on
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Comments submitted after hours, on weekends or on statutory holidays will be acted upon as early as possible.
Your privacy is important to us, please read Privacy Statement.
We look forward to the conversation.